Wednesday, September 8, 2010

July & August 2010

Audrey lost her second tooth in July! She pulled it out herself... just like the first tooth she lost! She doesn't believe in the tooth fairy, so after she put it under her pillow and got a dollar the next morning she asked me to give the tooth back to her. She keeps it in a "treasure box" in her room! Eww!
Aunt Carol gave her the little tooth pillow that she's holding. It has a little pocket that holds the tooth and makes it much easier for me to find in her bed in the middle of the night!

Jackson is pulling up and cruising! The bad news is that now he can reach the television.

After Dad had his legs amputated he told me he'd like to do a 5K someday. This made me realize what a lazy bum I am! I am perfectly healthy and have no reason not to get up and go for a run. So I got up and went for a run. I decided if my dad ever does that 5K I want to be right there crossing the finish line with him, so I started training for one. I did the Anacortes Art Dash 5K on July 31 in honor of my dad. I discovered that I enjoy running and I plan on keeping it up!
Here I am with my good friend, Gwen, who did the 10K that day.
Audrey and Gwen's little boy, Ethan, are holding hands! So adorable!!
Almost to the finish line!

We have game night about 5 nights a week after Jack goes to bed. We like to play Chutes and Ladders, Uno, Sequence, and I Spy Bingo. Joe recently taught Audrey to play checkers so now we have one more game to play together!


This is just a picture of the kids being silly together. Audrey put her sash from Vacation Bible School on Jack's head.

Our friends, the Wessner's, moved to Texas last month. They weren't able to come to Audrey's birthday party because they started their drive to TX a few days before the party. Amy decided to have her own little surprise party for Audrey, so she and Kinzey went to an ice cream shop and hid under the table. They jumped out and yelled "Surprise!" when we walked in the door. Audrey loved it! It was so sweet of them to do this for Audrey! They have been such good friends to us and we will miss them terribly.
Jack is opening his very first birthday gift ever... with a little help from Kinzey:)

We had one last dinner with Steve, Amy, and Kinzey before they moved away. We went to La Conner Brewing Co and had a great time. I don't know what Audrey was so shocked about in this picture but it sure is funny!
Audrey and Kinzey, such sweet girls.
After dinner they had a blast riding the the elephant and horse.

Jack had a turn, too!

Joe bought me a bottle of Dom Perignon as a gift after I had Jack. We opened it to celebrate our 9th anniversary. Check out the beautiful sky in the background. What a life!

Jack loves to cuddle up in Katie's bed with her. She really doesn't like to share her bed but tolerates him anyway.

Such sweet kids.

Audrey is going to take a break from Soo Bahk Do for a while as she gets adjusted to being in school all day. I took these photos on her last day of class.
This kick is called Ahp Cha Nut Gi.
This punch is Chung Dan Kong Kyuk.
I don't know what this is called but she's punching her teacher in the stomach and then yelling, "Ki Hap!"
Giving her teacher a karate chop to the neck and a pie in the face. If you run into Audrey in a dark alley, you better run!


No comments:

Post a Comment