Thursday, August 13, 2009

Party Weekend!

We had quite a fun weekend around here! Grandma Cindy flew in from Maryland on Thursday and on Saturday we had Audrey's 5th birthday party at Hip Hop Bouncin, a fun place that has 2 stories of bouncy houses. Then on Sunday my friends threw me a baby shower.
Audrey's birthday is actually September 3 but we decided to celebrate early just in case her baby brother decided to show up and crash the party.

Here's Audrey going down the very steep bouncy slide.

Shooting hoops with Dad.
The guests begin to arrive and there are very important secrets to be told.

Even Grandma gave the slide a try!

Audrey was very excited to have her party in the Moose Room.She got a jumping ball from Aunt Jena & Uncle Lucas. Looks like she likes it:)
Grandma Cindy gave her an easel with all the paints, paper, chalk, markers, EVERYTHING she would ever need to make beautiful artwork!

This is one of her masterpieces. It's a picture of the baby in his crib with toy airplanes on each side of him. If you didn't know what we're planning on naming him, this picture should give you a clue ;)

My friends Alicia Brunson and Yvonne Boman threw a baby shower for me on Sunday. It felt a little odd that Alicia decorated everything in blue. I really am having a boy aren't I?? For some reason I still haven't been able to picture myself as the mom of a boy. When will it seem real? Hmmm, I guess in a few weeks when he makes his debut!
Yvonne is measuring my belly for the game "Guess April's Girth." Everybody had to cut a piece of ribbon the length they thought would fit around my belly. Keep those ribbons nice & short, ladies! In the next game we were paired with a partner and one person in each pair was blindfolded. The blindfolded girls were told to down whatever was put in our mouths as fast as possible. We were each given a bottle with a different liquid inside. I had milk in my bottle, thank goodness. Others had beer, wine or punch. Interestingly, the ladies with beer and wine won the game by drinking the fastest. Hmmm......
Oh goodness, I can't believe I'm posting this picture of myself.
A bomber jacket so he can match his daddy :) One of many adorable gifts!

Here are Audrey's 5 year pictures. She loves to pose for the camera!

Audrey had a little friend named Kaylee when we lived in Coronado. Kaylee now lives in Virginia and sent Audrey a letter today. Here's the letter that Audrey sent back to her. I helped her with spelling but Audrey chose what to write.




Audrey is getting pretty good at her hula hoop. Or as she calls it, the hoop-a-loop.

1 comment: